Air Fried Keto Chicken Bites
This recipe is great for sport events, and if you prep the chicken ahead of time, you can even fire up another batch at half-time, and be diving in before the 2nd half starts. I used the Gourmia GAF635 which has a 6 quart basket, but you can use any air fryer.
- Pat the chicken breast dry, and cube them to 1" size
- In a food processor, crumble 2 bags of pork rinds (save that 3rd back in case you need more). Add the crumbled pork rinds to a bowl
- whisk 2 eggs in a bowl
- Dip the cubed chicken breast in the eggs, and let any excess fall back in the bowl
- Finally, lay the chicken cubes in the pork rind crumbs and coat them evenly.
Set your air fryer to 360 degrees, and it's timer to 15 minutes (3 minutes to preheat, 12 to cook). If you are cooking a second batch immediately, DO NOT add the additional 3 minutes. Lightly coat the inside of the frying basket with a light oil, or cooking spray. Lay the chicken bites in a single layer. For best results, and even cooking do not over-crowd the basket. Once you start air frying, flip the chicken over about half way through cooking to ensure an even crust.
Chipotle Mayo Dip:
- Add 1 small can of chipotle peppers to a food processor, and puree. You'll only be using about 2 tsp for this recipe, so save the rest in a glass jar. Avoid plastic as it can discolor the container if left in there for too long. You can also add them to an ice tray, and make frozen chipotle cubes to use in other dishes (they're great in chili)
- Whisk 2 tsps of the chipotle sauce to 1/2 cup of mayo (pick a good quality mayo...you are looking for a smooth consistency for the dip). Once the sauce has blended well into the mayo, set side. Keep it covered until snack time
In Billerica, MA, there is a small little shop called Augusta Subs & Salad which makes these amazing fried chicken bites. As the owners and the crew proudly say, they serve “The Best Damn Chicken…Period”. For those of us on a Keto diet, these chicken bites are full of carbs unfortunately, so I was looking to keto(fy) them at home.
The one kitchen tool that makes this possible cleanly, is the air fryer. Vast majority of them function the same and the size of the basket is one of their biggest differences. As much as I would love to deep fry these, it’s just not practical at home. Besides the quantity of oil needed, and the fact that you’ll probably make the whole house smell, there is also the question on what to do with all that used up oil. Just use an air fryer, and you’ll be diving into a plate of these in under 30 minutes.
Add to Favourites